Kitchen Cleaning Tips25/07/2012 09:31
* For wiping down Kitchen surfaces and cleaning floors, use 5 drops of Tea tree or Bergamot oil to 1 litre of water.
* Wipe down the kitchen dustbin with a few drops of Teatree or Lavender oil on a damp cloth.
* Add a few drops of Lavender,Teatree or Eucalyptus to your sinks to freshen them.
* For a nice clean citrus freshness, use Lemon to disinfect chopping boards and to clean counter tops. If stains are a problem on counter tops, then squeeze a little lemon juice onto the stain and let it sit for a few minutes, follow by scrubbing with baking soda.
* Fingerprints and streaks on stainless steel surfaces - best way to to remove these is to put a few drops of Olive oil on to a cloth and rub on using a circular motion.
* Cleaning the oven, my worst nightmare! oven cleaning products contain dangerous compounds and the fumes are toxic. So a great alternative is to sprinkle a little water in the oven, add baking soda and just scrub lightly with a steel wool, then wipe off using a damp sponge, rinse and dry.
* Oven spills ~ If your casserole dish bubbles over in the oven, just sprinkle salt over the spill to help soak it up. When the oven has cooled just wipe over the spill with a damp sponge and it will float away nice and easy without the need for all that scrubbing!
* To clean the microwave and rid any odours, just put some fresh slices of Lemon into a bowl of boiling water and pop into the microwave, let the bowl sit in there for a good 10 minutes to steam, remove then wipe down.
* To absorb the musty odours in the fridge, just pop a saucer of baking Soda in fridge, and change the soda every couple of weeks.
* Eliminate cooking odours, especially if that boiled cabbage smell is hanging around , by simmering Cinnamon sticks or a few Cloves in a saucepan of water.
* Keep pots of aromatic herbs on your kitchen window sill, like Sage, Basil, Mint and Thyme, they will help deter those nasty flies from your kitchen.
* To clean Burned-on foods from pans, add a couple of cups of water to the pan and 5 tbsp bicarbonate of Soda, boil for few minutes, then turn off the heat and leave overnight, by the morning the burned-on food will just slide off.
* Remove Tough Stains from Marble, cut a Lemon in half and dip in table salt then rub vigorously onto the stain.